After much thought, I have decided to jump onto the proverbial bandwagon and become the social media narcissist. This is certainly not my first foray into the world social networking. I have bored my friends and family to death with the constant influx of photographs and updates regarding my toddler and lifestyle. Its funny, really. We now live in a society that almost makes it impossible to experience a happening without sharing. In order to fully appreciate an experience, we must first put it into the ether. Then, and only then, does the matter at hand actually exist. I have decided to use this blog as an outlet. All of my ridiculous diatribe and pseudo-intellectual thoughts now have an outlet with so far, a reader of one. Me. Ah yes, narcissism in its purest form. Maybe eventually there will be others who chose to follow me on this self-reverential journey. And then again, maybe not.
So, for the day's happenings. Hmm...Not. Much. Indeed, I have had the epitome of cabin fever. Even creating culinary adventures with my almost 2 year old son in order to somehow pass the minutes. I think he is feeling it too. Its currently 10 degrees out there. Yes, its fucking cold. What's worse is Mother Nature mocking me with allowing the sun to shine as if it were a beautiful, mild winter day. I would almost rather it be dull and dreary. Then my shit mood could be justified. Alas, I must grin and pretend all the while saying things like, "Oh, look at this beautiful day!" or "At least the sun is shining!" Normally, I do not adhere to such strict pessimism but some days, it sneaks out. There are two options when this occurs. One, we can try to shake it off and realize the good of the day. Or two, we can embrace it. Let it flow through us in hopes that it will one day find a new host. I am going with option 2. I would, however, like to get a handle on it as it does feel like a poison, slowly filtering itself through my system and infecting my tissues and bones down to the marrow.
Now, I promise from here on out that not all of my posts will be quite as dark or depressing. And I firmly adhere to the promise that they will not ALL center around my child. He will, undoubtedly, sneak in occasionally as he is the one person of which I spend all of my time with...be it awake or unconscious. However, this blog is for me. It is a safe place in which I can just let the verbal diarrhea take hold and splash out onto the page. There, a lovely image. Don't you agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment